Processing Personal Information
Legal basis for the processing
The applicable legal basis for the processing of Personal Information depends on the circumstances relating to the relevant processing activities, as further described below:
- If the processing of Personal Information is necessary for one or more specific purposes, GDPR art. 6(1)(a) serves as the legal basis for processing operations.
- Performance of a contract. If the processing of Personal Information is necessary for the performance of a contract, such as for providing certain services, to which the data subject is party, GDPR art. 6(1)(b) serves as the legal basis for processing operations. The same applies to such processing operations which are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures, for example in the case of inquiries concerning our products or services.
- Legal obligation. If the processing of Personal Information is necessary for complying with a legal obligation, such as for the fulfillment of tax obligations, GDPR art. 6(1)(c) serves as the legal basis for processing operations.
- Vital interests. If the processing of Personal Information is necessary for protecting the vital interests of a natural person, such as if a visitor were injured in our premises and his information would have to be passed on to medical personnel, GDPR art. 6(1)(d) serves as the legal basis for processing operations.
- Legitimate interests. If the processing of Personal Information is necessary for processing operations that are not covered by any of the abovementioned legal grounds but are deemed permissible for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Us, such as marketing, GDPR art. 6(1)(f) serves as the legal basis for processing operations.
Information We Collect and Sources of Information
Disclosing and Hosting Information
Protection of Information
The registers will be maintained in external service providers’ servers with appropriate safeguards, such as password protection, granting access to the stored information only to persons working at Scale Rentals or Scale Rentals partners who are expressly authorized by Scale Rentals. The register is protected by appropriate industry standards, and technical and organizational safety measures. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on the services in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, We cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Scale Rentals will post a notice on the Scale Rentals website or through the Services in case of material security breaches that endangers your privacy or Personal Information. Scale Rentals may also temporarily shut down a service to protect Personal Information.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Rights of the Data Subjects and Contact Information
Right to access, correct, and object You may contact us and we will inform you what Personal Information we have collected and processed regarding you and the purposes such data are used for. You have the right to have corrected any incorrect, incomplete, outdated, or unnecessary Personal Information stored about you by contacting us. You may object to certain use of Personal Information, including direct marketing if such data is processed for other purposes than purposes necessary for the performance of our Services or for compliance with a legal obligation. You may also object to any further processing of Personal Information after prior given consent. If you object to the further processing of Personal Information, this may lead to fewer possibilities to use our Services. Right to deletion and restriction of processing You may also ask us to delete your Personal Information from our systems. We will comply with such a request unless we have a legitimate ground to not delete the data. After the data has been deleted, we may not immediately be able to delete all residual copies from all our systems. Such copies shall be deleted as soon as reasonably possible. You may request us to restrict the processing of certain Personal Information, this may however lead to fewer possibilities to use our website and other Services. Right to data portability You have the right to receive Personal Information provided by you to us in a structured, commonly used format. How to use the rights These rights may be used by sending a letter or e-mail to us at the addresses set out below, including the following information: name, phone number, login information, and details of the Services you have used. We may request the provision of additional information necessary to confirm your identity. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, excessive, or manifestly unfounded. In case you consider our processing activities of Personal Information to be inconsistent with the applicable data protection laws, a complaint may be lodged with the local supervisory authority for data protection.